Looking for more glazed ham recipes?
- 7 kilogram cooked leg of ham
- 350 gram jar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- whole cloves to decorate
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Cut through rind about 10cm from shank end of leg in decorative pattern. Run thumb around edge of rind just under skin to remove rind. Start pulling rind from shank end to widest edge of ham and discard rind.
- 3Using sharp knife, make shallow cuts in one direction diagonally across fat at 3cm intervals, then shallow-cut in opposite direction, forming diamonds. Do not cut through top fat or fat will spread apart during cooking.
- 4Stir marmalade, sugar and juice in small saucepan over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 5Line a large baking dish with overlapping sheets of baking paper (this will make cleaning the dish easier). Place ham on a wire rack in baking dish. Brush ham well with marmalade mixture and cover shank end with foil.
- 6Bake ham 40 minutes and decorate with cloves. Bake a further 40 minutes or until browned all over, brushing occasionally with glaze during cooking. Serve warm or cold.
You can also use lime or blood orange marmalade.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022