- 7 kilogram cooked leg of ham
- 350 gram jar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- whole cloves to decorate
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Cut through rind about 10cm from shank end of leg in decorative pattern. Run thumb around edge of rind just under skin to remove rind. Start pulling rind from shank end to widest edge of ham and discard rind.
- 3Using sharp knife, make shallow cuts in one direction diagonally across fat at 3cm intervals, then shallow-cut in opposite direction, forming diamonds. Do not cut through top fat or fat will spread apart during cooking.
- 4Stir marmalade, sugar and juice in small saucepan over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 5Line a large baking dish with overlapping sheets of baking paper (this will make cleaning the dish easier). Place ham on a wire rack in baking dish. Brush ham well with marmalade mixture and cover shank end with foil.
- 6Bake ham 40 minutes and decorate with cloves. Bake a further 40 minutes or until browned all over, brushing occasionally with glaze during cooking. Serve warm or cold.
You can also use lime or blood orange marmalade.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019