- 7 kilogram cooked leg of ham
- 350 gram jar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- whole cloves to decorate
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Cut through rind about 10cm from shank end of leg in decorative pattern. Run thumb around edge of rind just under skin to remove rind. Start pulling rind from shank end to widest edge of ham and discard rind.
- 3Using sharp knife, make shallow cuts in one direction diagonally across fat at 3cm intervals, then shallow-cut in opposite direction, forming diamonds. Do not cut through top fat or fat will spread apart during cooking.
- 4Stir marmalade, sugar and juice in small saucepan over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 5Line a large baking dish with overlapping sheets of baking paper (this will make cleaning the dish easier). Place ham on a wire rack in baking dish. Brush ham well with marmalade mixture and cover shank end with foil.
- 6Bake ham 40 minutes and decorate with cloves. Bake a further 40 minutes or until browned all over, brushing occasionally with glaze during cooking. Serve warm or cold.
You can also use lime or blood orange marmalade.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vanilla cake with vanilla bean icingOct 20, 2019
- Wheaty banana muffinsOct 20, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019