Looking for more glazed ham recipes?
- 7 kilogram cooked leg of ham
- 350 gram jar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- whole cloves to decorate
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Cut through rind about 10cm from shank end of leg in decorative pattern. Run thumb around edge of rind just under skin to remove rind. Start pulling rind from shank end to widest edge of ham and discard rind.
- 3Using sharp knife, make shallow cuts in one direction diagonally across fat at 3cm intervals, then shallow-cut in opposite direction, forming diamonds. Do not cut through top fat or fat will spread apart during cooking.
- 4Stir marmalade, sugar and juice in small saucepan over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 5Line a large baking dish with overlapping sheets of baking paper (this will make cleaning the dish easier). Place ham on a wire rack in baking dish. Brush ham well with marmalade mixture and cover shank end with foil.
- 6Bake ham 40 minutes and decorate with cloves. Bake a further 40 minutes or until browned all over, brushing occasionally with glaze during cooking. Serve warm or cold.
You can also use lime or blood orange marmalade.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021