- 3/4 cup (225g) rock salt
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon sichuan pepper
- 4 x 220 grams duck breasts
- 70 gram baby rocket leaves
- 250 gram strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground white pepper and finely cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) cherries, seeded, halved
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 shallots (50g), chopped finely
Marinated duck with peppered strawberries
- 1Combine rock salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl, add duck breasts; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours.
- 2Brush off marinade; pat duck dry with absorbent paper. Place duck, skin-side down, in lightly oiled heated large frying pan; cook, over low heat, about 20 minutes or until skin is browned. Turn duck; cook about 4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove duck from pan, cover loosely with foil; stand 10 minutes before slicing thickly.
- 3Meanwhile, make peppered strawberries. Combine berries, peppers and 1 tablespoon of the oil in medium bowl. Cook strawberry mixture on heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) for 30 seconds. Transfer to medium bowl; cool. Stir in cherries, vinegar, rind, juice, shallot and remaining oil.
- 4Serve duck on rocket with strawberries.
Duck breasts are available from poultry shops and some butcher shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021