- 3/4 cup (225g) rock salt
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon sichuan pepper
- 4 x 220 grams duck breasts
- 70 gram baby rocket leaves
- 250 gram strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground white pepper and finely cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) cherries, seeded, halved
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 shallots (50g), chopped finely
Marinated duck with peppered strawberries
- 1Combine rock salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl, add duck breasts; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours.
- 2Brush off marinade; pat duck dry with absorbent paper. Place duck, skin-side down, in lightly oiled heated large frying pan; cook, over low heat, about 20 minutes or until skin is browned. Turn duck; cook about 4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove duck from pan, cover loosely with foil; stand 10 minutes before slicing thickly.
- 3Meanwhile, make peppered strawberries. Combine berries, peppers and 1 tablespoon of the oil in medium bowl. Cook strawberry mixture on heated grill plate (or grill or barbecue) for 30 seconds. Transfer to medium bowl; cool. Stir in cherries, vinegar, rind, juice, shallot and remaining oil.
- 4Serve duck on rocket with strawberries.
Duck breasts are available from poultry shops and some butcher shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020