Marinated blade steaks
- 4 bone-in beef blade steaks
- 2 soft ripe roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
Chickpea and capsicum pearl couscous
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 400 cup can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 gram baby spinach
- mint leaves, to serve
- pomegranate, to serve
- 1Place steaks in a single layer in a dish.
- 2Place tomato, garlic, thyme, vinegar, capers, oil and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour marinade over the steaks.
- 3Bring 3 cups water to the boil in a medium saucepan, add couscous and turmeric and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender, drain and combine with remaining salad ingredients.
- 4Preheat a barbecue or char-grill plate to medium and cook steaks for 3 minutes per side. Serve with salad.
Remove your steaks from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to ensure a more evenly cooked steak. Rest your steaks for a few minutes before serving to maximise tenderness and juiciness.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsToday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019