Marinated blade steaks
- 4 bone-in beef blade steaks
- 2 soft ripe roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
Chickpea and capsicum pearl couscous
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 400 cup can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 gram baby spinach
- mint leaves, to serve
- pomegranate, to serve
- 1Place steaks in a single layer in a dish.
- 2Place tomato, garlic, thyme, vinegar, capers, oil and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour marinade over the steaks.
- 3Bring 3 cups water to the boil in a medium saucepan, add couscous and turmeric and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender, drain and combine with remaining salad ingredients.
- 4Preheat a barbecue or char-grill plate to medium and cook steaks for 3 minutes per side. Serve with salad.
Remove your steaks from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to ensure a more evenly cooked steak. Rest your steaks for a few minutes before serving to maximise tenderness and juiciness.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019