Marinated blade steaks
- 4 bone-in beef blade steaks
- 2 soft ripe roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
Chickpea and capsicum pearl couscous
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 400 cup can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 gram baby spinach
- mint leaves, to serve
- pomegranate, to serve
- 1Place steaks in a single layer in a dish.
- 2Place tomato, garlic, thyme, vinegar, capers, oil and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour marinade over the steaks.
- 3Bring 3 cups water to the boil in a medium saucepan, add couscous and turmeric and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender, drain and combine with remaining salad ingredients.
- 4Preheat a barbecue or char-grill plate to medium and cook steaks for 3 minutes per side. Serve with salad.
Remove your steaks from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to ensure a more evenly cooked steak. Rest your steaks for a few minutes before serving to maximise tenderness and juiciness.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019