Marinated blade steaks
- 4 bone-in beef blade steaks
- 2 soft ripe roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
Chickpea and capsicum pearl couscous
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 400 cup can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 gram baby spinach
- mint leaves, to serve
- pomegranate, to serve
- 1Place steaks in a single layer in a dish.
- 2Place tomato, garlic, thyme, vinegar, capers, oil and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour marinade over the steaks.
- 3Bring 3 cups water to the boil in a medium saucepan, add couscous and turmeric and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender, drain and combine with remaining salad ingredients.
- 4Preheat a barbecue or char-grill plate to medium and cook steaks for 3 minutes per side. Serve with salad.
Remove your steaks from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to ensure a more evenly cooked steak. Rest your steaks for a few minutes before serving to maximise tenderness and juiciness.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsToday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsToday 1:00pm
- Celebrate the Chinese New Year with these good-luck dishesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020