Marinated blade steaks
- 4 bone-in beef blade steaks
- 2 soft ripe roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
Chickpea and capsicum pearl couscous
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 400 cup can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 gram baby spinach
- mint leaves, to serve
- pomegranate, to serve
- 1Place steaks in a single layer in a dish.
- 2Place tomato, garlic, thyme, vinegar, capers, oil and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour marinade over the steaks.
- 3Bring 3 cups water to the boil in a medium saucepan, add couscous and turmeric and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender, drain and combine with remaining salad ingredients.
- 4Preheat a barbecue or char-grill plate to medium and cook steaks for 3 minutes per side. Serve with salad.
Remove your steaks from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to ensure a more evenly cooked steak. Rest your steaks for a few minutes before serving to maximise tenderness and juiciness.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019