- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 75 grams (2½oz) butter
- 500 grams (1lb) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 2 medium mangoes (860g)
- 1/4 cup (20g) coconut flakes, toasted (see tips)
Palm sugar syrup
- 1/2 cups (135g) shaved palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1Process flour, sugar, butter and 125g (4oz) cream cheese until a dough starts to form. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until just combined. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Roll pastry between two lightly floured sheets of baking paper until large enough to line an 11cm x 35cm (4½in x 14in) loose-based rectangular tart tin. Lift pastry into pan, ease into base and sides; trim edges. Prick base with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Line tart case with baking paper; fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake for a further 15 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool.
- 4Meanwhile, process milk, extra sugar and remaining cream cheese until smooth; fill cooled tart case with cream cheese mixture, spread evenly.
- 5Make palm sugar syrup: Stir palm sugar and juice together in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Cool.
- 6Cut cheeks from mangos. Cut into thin wedges, leaving the skin on if edible. Arrange mango on tart. Serve tart sprinkled with coconut and drizzled with palm sugar syrup.
Cut flesh from around the leftover mango stone and freeze for smoothie.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeToday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020