- 1/2 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) passionfrult pulp
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Mango and passionfruit parfait
- 2 large (1.2kg) ripe mangoes, peeled, stones removed
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) creme fraiche
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
Mango and passionfruit parfait with chilli glass
- 1Line the base of an 8cm x 32cm loaf pan with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over long sides.
- 2To make passionfruit ice, combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan; stir over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Stir in the passionfruit pulp and the lime juice. Pour into the prepared pan. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until frozen.
- 3Blend or process mango until smooth.
- 4Beat the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Fold in the creme fraiche and mango puree; pour mixture onto frozen passionfruit ice. Cover, freeze overnight or until firm.
- 5To make chilli glass, line an oven tray with baking paper. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat, without boiling, until the sugar is dissolved. Brush down the sides of the saucepan with a pastry brush dipped in water. Increase the heat to medium; boil, without stirring, until a golden caramel colour. Add chilli flakes to toffee. Pour the toffee onto the tray. Tilt the tray a little so toffee forms a thin sheet. Stand for about 10 minutes or until set. Break into pieces.
- 6Turn the parfait onto a serving platter; cut into thick slices. Serve with chilli glass.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Potato Salad RecipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheAug 05, 2020
- Classic sconesAug 05, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020