- 250 gram packet plain sweet biscuits, finely crushed
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 250 gram packet cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
- 395 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/4 cup just-boiled water
- 3 teaspoon gelatine
- 1 cup dairy whip, plus extra, to serve
- 400 gram can mangoes, drained on paper towel, plus extra mango, to serve
- 1In a medium bowl, combine biscuit crumbs and butter.
- 2Press into a 20cm springform pan firmly, using a flat-bottomed glass. Chill for 20 minutes until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in condensed milk, lemon juice and rind.
- 4Add water to a small jug. Whisk in gelatine briskly with a fork until dissolved. Cool for 5 minutes. Beat into cheese mixture. Fold through Dairy Whip and mango.
- 5Pour mixture over base. Chill for 3 hours or overnight until firm. Serve in wedges topped with extra mango. Accompany with extra Dairy Whip, if desired.
Crush biscuits in a food processor, or in a plastic bag using a rolling pin. It is imperative to beat the softened cream cheese well, to ensure a smooth end result. Gelatine and cream-cheese mixture should be combined when they are at a similar temperature, to prevent lumps forming.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Pasta winterveraAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022