- 250 gram packet plain sweet biscuits, finely crushed
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 250 gram packet cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
- 395 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/4 cup just-boiled water
- 3 teaspoon gelatine
- 1 cup dairy whip, plus extra, to serve
- 400 gram can mangoes, drained on paper towel, plus extra mango, to serve
- 1In a medium bowl, combine biscuit crumbs and butter.
- 2Press into a 20cm springform pan firmly, using a flat-bottomed glass. Chill for 20 minutes until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in condensed milk, lemon juice and rind.
- 4Add water to a small jug. Whisk in gelatine briskly with a fork until dissolved. Cool for 5 minutes. Beat into cheese mixture. Fold through Dairy Whip and mango.
- 5Pour mixture over base. Chill for 3 hours or overnight until firm. Serve in wedges topped with extra mango. Accompany with extra Dairy Whip, if desired.
Crush biscuits in a food processor, or in a plastic bag using a rolling pin. It is imperative to beat the softened cream cheese well, to ensure a smooth end result. Gelatine and cream-cheese mixture should be combined when they are at a similar temperature, to prevent lumps forming.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019