- 250 gram butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 2/3 cup caster sugar, plus extra, for sprinkling
- grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line recess of eight mini loaf pans.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together, until light and fluffy. Beat in zest.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add a little flour if mixture begins to curdle.
- 4Lightly fold in flour and lemon juice. Spoon evenly into recesses of each pan. Sprinkle with a little extra sugar (about 1 tablespoon).
- 5Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely
MAKES 8 MINI LOAVES This cake can be cooked in a 10 x 20cm loaf pan - allow cooking time of 30-35 minutes. As a variation, sprinkle with slivered almonds before baking, or add a little chopped mixed peel to the mix (about 1/4 cup).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021