- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) rice flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) finely chopped macadamias
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and extract in small bowl with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in sifted flours and nuts in two batches. Press ingredients together. Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth (do not over knead).
- 3Divide mixture into two portions. Roll each portion, between two sheets of baking paper, into 23cm circle. Press an upturned 22cm loose-based fluted flan tin into shortbread to cut rounds. Cut each round into 12 wedges. Place on lightly greased oven trays; mark with a fork, sprinkle with extra sugar.
- 4Bake in moderately slow oven about 20 minutes or until a pale straw colour. Stand on tray 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to three weeks. Suitable to freeze for up to three months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020