- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) rice flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) finely chopped macadamias
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and extract in small bowl with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in sifted flours and nuts in two batches. Press ingredients together. Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth (do not over knead).
- 3Divide mixture into two portions. Roll each portion, between two sheets of baking paper, into 23cm circle. Press an upturned 22cm loose-based fluted flan tin into shortbread to cut rounds. Cut each round into 12 wedges. Place on lightly greased oven trays; mark with a fork, sprinkle with extra sugar.
- 4Bake in moderately slow oven about 20 minutes or until a pale straw colour. Stand on tray 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to three weeks. Suitable to freeze for up to three months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019