- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) rice flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) finely chopped macadamias
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and extract in small bowl with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in sifted flours and nuts in two batches. Press ingredients together. Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth (do not over knead).
- 3Divide mixture into two portions. Roll each portion, between two sheets of baking paper, into 23cm circle. Press an upturned 22cm loose-based fluted flan tin into shortbread to cut rounds. Cut each round into 12 wedges. Place on lightly greased oven trays; mark with a fork, sprinkle with extra sugar.
- 4Bake in moderately slow oven about 20 minutes or until a pale straw colour. Stand on tray 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to three weeks. Suitable to freeze for up to three months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistToday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeToday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsToday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonYesterday 11:44pm
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkYesterday 1:23am
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaYesterday 12:02am
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019