- 250 gram butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) rice flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) finely chopped macadamias
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and extract in small bowl with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in sifted flours and nuts in two batches. Press ingredients together. Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth (do not over knead).
- 3Divide mixture into two portions. Roll each portion, between two sheets of baking paper, into 23cm circle. Press an upturned 22cm loose-based fluted flan tin into shortbread to cut rounds. Cut each round into 12 wedges. Place on lightly greased oven trays; mark with a fork, sprinkle with extra sugar.
- 4Bake in moderately slow oven about 20 minutes or until a pale straw colour. Stand on tray 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to three weeks. Suitable to freeze for up to three months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020