YOU WILL NEED
- Digital kitchen scales
- 1 packet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- Large saucepan
- 150 g Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 100 g gluten free flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 40 g Butter, melted
- 2 extra large eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- Canola or vegetable oil (for deep frying) to fill your saucepan about 1/2 of the way full. For a medium sized pot, we used 750 ml.
- 1Preheat oil in a saucepan on medium-high heat until oil reaches about 160°C. You'll know the oil is hot enough when you place a wooden skewer or spoon into the oil, and it bubbles around the wood.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the cupcake mix, gluten free flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Then make a 'well' in the middle and add in you butter, eggs and milk. Mix with a hand whisk until batter is smooth.
- 3Place mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star shaped nozzle.
- 4Once oil is at temperature, hold the piping bag approximately 4cm above the hot oil. Pipe 5-10 cm long 'lines' of dough into the oil, cutting the end of the batter from the piping bag using kitchen scissors. Pipe 5-8 churros at a time. Allow churros to cook for about 2 minutes on each side until beautifully golden brown. Using a fork or tongs scoop out cooked churros and allow to cool slightly on a plate lined with paper towel. Continue until all batter is used.
- 5Enjoy your churros hot with any toppings of choice!
POSSIBLE TOPPING IDEAS
- 6Cinnamon Icing Sugar
Mix the sachet of 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake frosting mix with 2 tsp of cinnamon and sprinkle generously over donuts.
- 7Vanilla or Chocolate Glaze
Mix the sachet of Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake frosting mix or Noshu 97% Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcake frosting mix with 2 tbsp of milk to create a beautiful glaze for your donuts.
- 8Caramel sauce
Check out the Bake Lovers page on the Noshu website for an amazing low sugar caramel sauce.
- 9Low sugar Nutella
Check out the Bake Lovers page on the Noshu website for a decadent low sugar Nutella.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021