YOU WILL NEED
- 6 inch round cake tin or a 20 cm x 20 cm square brownie tin (baking times may vary)
- 1 packet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- Electric Mixer
- Aluminium foil
- 1 sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake mix
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsp water
- 100 g almond meal
- 39 g shredded coconut
- 50 g walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 40 g sultanas (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 70 g sunflower or coconut oil
- 70 g pineapple (crushed & strained)
- 130 g carrot (grated)
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake Frosting mix
- 150 g cream cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 165°C (155°C fan forced). Grease and line your 6" round cake tin, or 20 cm x 20 cm square brownie tin with baking paper.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cupcake mix, cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger, bicarb soda, almond meal, coconut, walnuts and sultanas (if using) with a wooden spoon. Add in the eggs, water and oil, and mix until well combined.
- 3Add in your crushed pineapple along with the grated carrot and give this a really good mix through. Once these ingredients release some of their moisture the batter will come together properly. This batter will be thick but should be easily spreadable and smooth.
- 4Pour batter into your prepared baking tin and cover with foil.
- 5Place in preheated oven. If baking in a 6" round tin, remove the foil at 30 minutes. Bake for a further 30 minutes then check with a skewer. If your cake is not fully cooked through (with the skewer coming out clean), bake for another 5–10 minutes but keep an eye on it.
- 6If baking in a square brownie tin, remove the foil at 25 minutes. Bake for a further 25 minutes. If your cake is not fully cooked through (with the skewer coming out clean), bake for another 5–10 minutes keeping an eye on it.
- 7You'll know your cake is ready when it has risen, is golden brown, and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Allow cake to cool fully on a wire cooling rack before decorating.
- 8In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 2 minutes with the electric mixer. Slowly add in the Noshu Vanilla Cupcake Frosting Mix while mixing on a low speed. Once fully added, beat for a further 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- 9Spread frosting over cooled cake and decorate as desired.
- 10Best served fresh at room temperature. You can also keep chilled in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021