YOU WILL NEED
- 1 packet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- Electric mixer
- 1 sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 1 cup plain flour (or gluten free flour for a GF version)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g softened butter or (Nuttelex for a dairy free version)
- 2 extra large eggs
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line your loaf tin with baking paper.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl stir together your Vanilla Cupcake Mix, plain flour, cinnamon, bicarb soda and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl beat together your butter for 3 minutes until fluffy. And 1 egg and half of your dry mix, then beat for a further 2 minutes. Add the second egg and beat for 1 more minute.
- 4Add in the mashed bananas and mix for 1 minute. It's okay if the batter looks split at this point as it will come back together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl then add in the rest of the dry mix, and mix for 1 more minute until fully combined and fluffy. Pour batter into your prepared loaf tin.
- 5Place in preheated oven and bake for about 55 minutes before testing the banana bread with a skewer to see if it's cooked through.
- 6If your bread is not fully cooked through (with the skewer coming out clean), bake for another 5–10 minutes. You'll know your bread is baked when it has risen, is golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 7Allow banana bread to cool on a wire rack before serving.
- 8Best served fresh at room temperature or toasted with a generous amount of butter.
- 9Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or keep frozen for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021