- paper piping bag
- 30 centimetre round cake board
- 453 gram tub vanilla frosting
- blue food colouring gel
- 3 x 600g packets round chocolate cake
- 1 roll green apple bubble gum tape
- rabbit figurine
- 2 yellow bootlaces
- 3 large flat lollipops
- 1 large round lollipop
- 3 small round lollipops
- 2 small flat lollipops
Lollipop balloon cake
- 1Spoon ¼ cup of the frosting into piping bag; reserve. Tint remaining frosting blue.
- 2Level cake tops. Secure one cake, cut-side down, on cake board. Spread top of cake with ¼ cup of the blue frosting. Repeat with remaining two cakes, layering cakes on top of each other. Cover top and side of cake with remaining blue frosting.
- 3Using picture as a guide, cut bubble gum tape to make grass. Press grass around bottom edge of cake. Position rabbit figurine onto cake. Position bootlaces and push lollipops into side and top of cake.
- 4Pipe clouds onto cake with reserved frosting.
We used flat and round lollipops for this cake. If using non-edible decorations, make sure that they are removed before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021