- 3 medium lemons (420g)
- 1/3 cup (70g) seeded small green olives, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon drained baby capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoon dried currants
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb (300g)
- 150 gram curly endive
- 3 cooked lobsters (1.8kg), halved lengthways
- 1Make green olive and currant salsa: Finely grate rind from one lemon. Peel rind thickly from all lemons to remove white pith. Segment lemons over medium bowl to catch juice. Chop lemon flesh finely; add to bowl with grated rind and remaining ingredients. Stand 20 minutes. Season to taste.
- 2Reserve fronds from fennel. Slice fennel thinly with V-slicer or mandolin. Combine fennel and endive in a medium bowl, sprinkle with half the salsa.
- 3Divide lobsters and salad among plates. Drizzle with remaining salsa; sprinkle with reserved fronds.
Christmas is one of those special occasions when you can spoil your family with the luxury of lobster. Purchased cooked lobster (from your fishmonger) coupled with a simple dressed salad of fennel and endive, makes this dish very easy and quick to make.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019