Little white lamingtons
- 250 gram butter, softened, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 1/3 cup (300g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 3 cup (210g) shredded coconut
White chocolate icing
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 3/4 cup (260g) white choc melts
- 5 1/2 cup (880g) icing sugar mixture
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease 20cm x 30cm lamington pan, line base and two opposite sides with a strip of baking paper.
- 2Beat the butter, essence, sugar and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 3Stir in the sifted flours and almond meal, in two batches. Spread mixture into the pan; smooth surface.
- 4Bake about 35 minutes. Stand cake for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Cut cake into 32 pieces.
- 5To make the white chocolate icing, combine milk and choc melts in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir sifted icing sugar until smooth.
- 6Place coconut in a medium bowl.
- 7Split icing into two bowls.Using either bowl, coat cake pieces in white chocolate icing until completely coated.
- 8Toss in coconut. Serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeYesterday 6:02am
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Leek and mushroom lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Lasagne recipe collectionJun 26, 2022
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelJun 26, 2022