If you don't have a bamboo steamer, you should be able to pick one up at your local variety store or $2 shop. They really are the only way to cook dishes like these little pork dumplings, and it's worth having one tucked away in the kitchen.
Looking for more dumpling recipes?
Little pork dumplings
- 250 gram minced pork
- 1 stalk (30g) chinese cabbage, chopped finely
- 1 green onion (green shallot), chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic chives
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 270 gram packet flour wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
Little pork dumplings
- 1Combine all of the ingredients, except the wonton wrappers, in a large bowl and mix well. Place 1 level teaspoon of filling into the centre of each wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrappers with a little water and gather the edges together to enclose the filling and form a pouch. Place the dumplings in a single layer on a tray lined with baking paper.
- 2For the dipping sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 3Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Drop the dumplings, in batches, into the water. Simmer the dumplings for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the dumplings with a slotted spoon, drain well and serve with the dipping sauce.
Wonton wrappers are available in Asian food stores. The dumpling filling and the dipping sauce can be made a day ahead. The dumplings are best cooked just before serving. Uncooked filling suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021