- 180 gram shelled broad (fava) beans
- 100 gram snow peas
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 500 gram linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 170 gram asparagus, cut into 5cm (2-inch) lengths
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh chervil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 1Place broad beans in a large saucepan of boiling water, boil 2 minutes or until just tender. Remove beans with a slotted spoon. Refresh under cold water, drain well. Add snow peas to same boiling water, boil 30 seconds or until bright green. Remove snow peas with a slotted spoon. Refresh under cold water, drain well. Remove grey skins from broad beans.
- 2Return water to the boil, add salt. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 minutes or until just tender, drain. Return to pan to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook garlic and asparagus, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in broad beans and snow peas. Remove from heat.
- 4Bring water to the boil in a deep frying pan, add vinegar. Break 1 egg into a cup, then slide into pan. Repeat with remaining eggs. When all eggs are in pan, return to the boil. Cover pan, remove from heat. Stand 3 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the eggs. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towel.
- 5Return vegetable mixture to heat, add remaining oil and pasta, toss until heated through. Season to taste.
- 6Serve linguine topped with a poached egg, chervil, parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
You will need to buy about 750g (1½ pounds) broad beans in the pod for this recipe. Or, you can use 1½ cups (225g) frozen broad beans if you like. It is important to use the freshest free-range eggs you can find as they will hold their shape while poaching.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spaghetti bologneseYesterday 1:00pm
- Indian rice saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chunky fig and vanilla jamYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy food bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- CevicheYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled mushrooms with soft-boiled dukkah eggs and crisp kaleYesterday 1:00pm
- Pancake recipesJan 22, 2021