Lime chiffon pie
- 1 1/4 cup (180g) plain sweet biscuit cumbs
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoon gelatine
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup caster sugar, extra
Lime chiffon pie
- 1Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in bowl, mix well. Press firmly over base and side of 23cm pie plate; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2Make filling: combine egg yolks, caster sugar, gelatine, rind, juice and water in heatproof bowl. Stir over simmering water until mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from heat, pour into large bowl, cover, cool to room temperature. Mixture should be set to about the consistency of unbeaten egg white before adding remaining ingredients.
- 3Spread filling into crumb crust, refrigerate several hours or until set.
- 4Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, add extra sugar gradually, beat until dissolved between additions; fold through lemon mixture in 2 batches.
This recipe can be made a day ahead. Store covered in refrigerator. Recipe not suitable to be frozen or microwaved.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022