Lime chiffon pie
- 1 1/4 cup (180g) plain sweet biscuit cumbs
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoon gelatine
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup caster sugar, extra
Lime chiffon pie
- 1Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in bowl, mix well. Press firmly over base and side of 23cm pie plate; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2Make filling: combine egg yolks, caster sugar, gelatine, rind, juice and water in heatproof bowl. Stir over simmering water until mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from heat, pour into large bowl, cover, cool to room temperature. Mixture should be set to about the consistency of unbeaten egg white before adding remaining ingredients.
- 3Spread filling into crumb crust, refrigerate several hours or until set.
- 4Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, add extra sugar gradually, beat until dissolved between additions; fold through lemon mixture in 2 batches.
This recipe can be made a day ahead. Store covered in refrigerator. Recipe not suitable to be frozen or microwaved.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022