- 1 tablespoon (20g) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed, finely shredded
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cup (1l) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill, plus extra, to serve
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- yoghurt and crusty bread, to serve
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan on medium. Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
- 2Add lettuce, potato and stock, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potato is tender.
- 3Using a hand mixer or food processor, blend soup until smooth.
- 4Stir in dill and lemon rind. Season to taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best homemade sausage rollsToday 1:00pm
- Fruit mince piesToday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingToday 1:58am
- Basic sausage rollsToday 1:00am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 12:50am
- Pumpkin, spinach and fetta frittataYesterday 11:00pm
- Spinach dip cob loafYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Chana dhal with chutney yoghurtYesterday 10:26pm
- How to cook lamb backstrapYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic steamed Christmas puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- FlorentinesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lobster mornayYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsYesterday 1:00pm