- 1 tablespoon (20g) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed, finely shredded
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cup (1l) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill, plus extra, to serve
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- yoghurt and crusty bread, to serve
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan on medium. Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
- 2Add lettuce, potato and stock, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potato is tender.
- 3Using a hand mixer or food processor, blend soup until smooth.
- 4Stir in dill and lemon rind. Season to taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020