- 1 tablespoon (20g) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed, finely shredded
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cup (1l) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill, plus extra, to serve
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- yoghurt and crusty bread, to serve
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan on medium. Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
- 2Add lettuce, potato and stock, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potato is tender.
- 3Using a hand mixer or food processor, blend soup until smooth.
- 4Stir in dill and lemon rind. Season to taste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019