- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup red lentils, cooked, drained
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salad, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan on high; saute onion 2-3 minutes, until tender. Add celery, carrot and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes. Add curry powder; cook, stirring, 1 minute, until fragrant.
- 3Pour in tomatoes and vegetable stock; simmer 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in lentils; cool.
- 4Cut each pastry sheet into four even squares. Divide lentil mixture and cheese between squares. Fold over to form triangles; press edges together to enclose filling.
- 5Arrange on trays; brush with egg. Bake 25-30 minutes. until puffed and golden brown Serve with salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022