- 125 gram green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 2 large cherry tomates (25g), quartered
- 2/3 cup (110g) canned brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup baby rocket leaves
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gram persian fetta, crumbled
- 1Boil, steam or microwave beans until tender; drain.
- 2Place beans, tomato, lentils and rocket in a serving bowl.
- 3Place beans, tomato, lentils and rocket in a serving bowl.
- 4Add dressing to salad; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with fetta to serve.
If you eat lots of lentils, consider cooking a large batch of dried lentils ahead of time to save money and to decrease your sodium intake (canned lentils tend to have a high sodium content). Small green lentils will take 20 minutes to cook from boiling, while brown or large green lentils will take 30 minutes. Once cooked, drain, then toss with a little olive oil. Cool, then portion into small freezer bags. Defrost in the fridge before using.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022