- 125 gram green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 2 large cherry tomates (25g), quartered
- 2/3 cup (110g) canned brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup baby rocket leaves
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gram persian fetta, crumbled
- 1Boil, steam or microwave beans until tender; drain.
- 2Place beans, tomato, lentils and rocket in a serving bowl.
- 3Place beans, tomato, lentils and rocket in a serving bowl.
- 4Add dressing to salad; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with fetta to serve.
If you eat lots of lentils, consider cooking a large batch of dried lentils ahead of time to save money and to decrease your sodium intake (canned lentils tend to have a high sodium content). Small green lentils will take 20 minutes to cook from boiling, while brown or large green lentils will take 30 minutes. Once cooked, drain, then toss with a little olive oil. Cool, then portion into small freezer bags. Defrost in the fridge before using.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021