Lentil cottage pie
- 4 medium_piece potatoes (800g), chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk, warmed
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (100g) french-style green lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large_piece brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 1 medium_piece red capsicum (200g), chopped coarsely
- 2 medium_piece zucchini (240g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium_piece eggplant (300g), chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 410 gram can crushed tomatoes
Lentil cottage pie
- 1Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain. Mash potato in large bowl with milk and green onion until smooth.
- 2Meanwhile, cook lentils in small pan of boiling water until just tender; drain. Rinse; drain.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- 4Heat oil in medium pan; cook brown onion, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant and garlic, stirring, until vegetables soften. Add undrained tomatoes and lentils; bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Season to taste.
- 5Spoon mixture into oiled shallow 2.5-litre (10-cup) baking dish; top with potato mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until top browns lightly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021