- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) 100% corn cornflour
- 1/3 cup (45g) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (45g) gluten-free plain flour
- 1 cup (250ml) store-bought gluten-free lemon curd
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) gluten-free icing sugar (pure icing sugar)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 3 cup (300g) shredded coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Grease a deep 23cm square cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- 2Beat eggs and caster sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer for 8 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy.
- 3Triple sift flours. Whisk flour mixture into egg mixture until just combined. Pour mixture into pan.
- 4Bake cake for 25 minutes or until cake is dry to the touch and edges are coming away from the sides of the pan. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5Combine lemon curd, sifted icing sugar, juice and the water in a large bowl until well combined. Place coconut on a large plate.
- 6Cut cake into 16 squares. Use two forks to dip squares, one at a time, into lemon mixture until coated all over; toss in coconut. Place on a wire rack until firm.
Lemontons can be made a day ahead; store in an airtight container. Make strawberry lamingtons by dipping the sponge into gluten-free strawberry topping and coating in coconut tinted with pink food colouring.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020