- 2 small chicken thigh fillets (200g)
- 3 teaspoon lemon grass paste
- 1/4 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small carrot (70g), sliced thinly
- 70 gram daikon, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 250g packed 90-second microwave white rice
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoon sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 lime wedge
- 1Combine chicken, lemon grass, chilli and oil in a small bowl, season; stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine carrot, daikon, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl, season; stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3Cook chicken on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cut chicken thickly widthways.
- 4Heat rice following manufacturer's instructions; place in a bowl, drizzle with soy sauce; top with chicken, pickled vegetables, green onion, cucumber and coriander.
- 5Combine mayonnaise and chilli sauce. Serve with chicken and lime wedge.
For a vegetarian option, substitute firm tofu for chicken. Sriracha is a thai-style chilli sauce available from selected supermarkets and Asian food stores. Substitute with whatever chilli sauce you have on hand, or use a little fresh seeded chilli. Lemon grass paste is available from the fresh food aisle of major supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021