- 2 small chicken thigh fillets (200g)
- 3 teaspoon lemon grass paste
- 1/4 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small carrot (70g), sliced thinly
- 70 gram daikon, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 250g packed 90-second microwave white rice
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoon sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 lime wedge
- 1Combine chicken, lemon grass, chilli and oil in a small bowl, season; stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine carrot, daikon, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl, season; stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3Cook chicken on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cut chicken thickly widthways.
- 4Heat rice following manufacturer's instructions; place in a bowl, drizzle with soy sauce; top with chicken, pickled vegetables, green onion, cucumber and coriander.
- 5Combine mayonnaise and chilli sauce. Serve with chicken and lime wedge.
For a vegetarian option, substitute firm tofu for chicken. Sriracha is a thai-style chilli sauce available from selected supermarkets and Asian food stores. Substitute with whatever chilli sauce you have on hand, or use a little fresh seeded chilli. Lemon grass paste is available from the fresh food aisle of major supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020
- Easy recipes with leeksNov 23, 2020
- Fettuccine carbonaraNov 23, 2020