- 2 small chicken thigh fillets (200g)
- 3 teaspoon lemon grass paste
- 1/4 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small carrot (70g), sliced thinly
- 70 gram daikon, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 250g packed 90-second microwave white rice
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoon sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 lime wedge
- 1Combine chicken, lemon grass, chilli and oil in a small bowl, season; stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine carrot, daikon, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl, season; stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3Cook chicken on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cut chicken thickly widthways.
- 4Heat rice following manufacturer's instructions; place in a bowl, drizzle with soy sauce; top with chicken, pickled vegetables, green onion, cucumber and coriander.
- 5Combine mayonnaise and chilli sauce. Serve with chicken and lime wedge.
For a vegetarian option, substitute firm tofu for chicken. Sriracha is a thai-style chilli sauce available from selected supermarkets and Asian food stores. Substitute with whatever chilli sauce you have on hand, or use a little fresh seeded chilli. Lemon grass paste is available from the fresh food aisle of major supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020