- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) ground almonds
- 125 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon iced water
- 3 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) pouring cream
- 1Blend or process the flour, icing sugar, ground almonds and butter until crumbly. Add the egg yolk and the water; process until combined. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line a shallow (2cm-deep) 24cm-round loose-based flan tin. Lift pastry into tin; press into side, trim edge. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 4Place flan tin on an oven tray. Line pastry case with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake for about 10 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 5Meanwhile, to make lemon filling, whisk ingredients in a medium bowl; stand for 5 minutes.
- 6Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pour lemon filling into pastry case; bake for about 30 minutes or until filling has set slightly, cool. Refrigerate until cold.
- 7Just before serving, dust tart with sifted icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.
Pastry can be made up to two days ahead. It can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen for two months. Don't overcook the filling; the custard should feel firm around the outside of the tart but still a bit wobbly in the middle, it will set as the tart cools.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019
- Prawn and mango saladDec 02, 2019