- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) ground almonds
- 125 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon iced water
- 3 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) pouring cream
- 1Blend or process the flour, icing sugar, ground almonds and butter until crumbly. Add the egg yolk and the water; process until combined. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line a shallow (2cm-deep) 24cm-round loose-based flan tin. Lift pastry into tin; press into side, trim edge. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 4Place flan tin on an oven tray. Line pastry case with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake for about 10 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 5Meanwhile, to make lemon filling, whisk ingredients in a medium bowl; stand for 5 minutes.
- 6Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pour lemon filling into pastry case; bake for about 30 minutes or until filling has set slightly, cool. Refrigerate until cold.
- 7Just before serving, dust tart with sifted icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.
Pastry can be made up to two days ahead. It can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen for two months. Don't overcook the filling; the custard should feel firm around the outside of the tart but still a bit wobbly in the middle, it will set as the tart cools.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022
- Chinese honey chickenMay 16, 2022