Lemon soy chicken
- 6 chicken marylands, skin on
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, pith removed, flesh sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- steamed rice, to serve
Lemon soy chicken
- 1Use kitchen scissors to trim excess fat and skin from chicken marylands. Pat dry with paper towel.
- 2Use a sharp knife to cut drumsticks from thighs; cut thighs in half.
- 3In a small bowl combine lemon rind, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic. Brush over chicken. Place, skin side up, in a large roasting pan. Scatter lemon slices over chicken. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Sprinkle salt over chicken skin. Bake for 40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Increase oven temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Strain pan juices into a small saucepan. Return chicken to baking dish. Bake chicken for a further 10-15 minutes, until skin is crisp.
- 5Meanwhile, remove excess fat from surface of pan juices with a spoon. Blend cornflour with a little water, then whisk into pan juices. Bring to boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until thick. Serve chicken with sauce, green onions and rice.
Tip: To remove excess fat from pan juices, hold ice cubes across surface of juices - the fat will adhere to ice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022