- 125 grams butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
Lemon curd mascarpone
- 250 grams (8 ounces) mascarpone
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 350 grams (11 ounces) bottled lemon curd
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a 22cm (9-inch) savarin or ring pan.
- 2Beat butter, rind, caster sugar, eggs, flour and sour cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture is smooth and changed in colour. Spoon mixture into pan; smooth surface.
- 3Bake cake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean. Leave cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4Make lemon curd mascarpone: Stir mascarpone and cream in a small bowl until smooth and combined. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold lemon curd through mascarpone mixture until just swirled through.
- 5Dust cooled cake with sifted icing sugar; serve with spoonfuls of lemon curd mascarpone.
Bottled lemon curd is available in the jams and spreads aisle at most supermarkets.
- The cake can be made a day ahead; store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021