- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup (275g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250g) smooth packaged ricotta
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (160g) fine semolina
- 2 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 cup (250ml) cold tap water
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon brandy
- 5 centimetre strip lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 500 gram cherries
- 300 millilitre thickened (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a deep 21cm bundt pan well. It is important to grease a bundt pan really well with butter, making sure you cover all edges and corners, dust with flour, shake out excess. Make sure you use the packaged variety of ricotta in this recipe as it has a cream-like consistency rather than the deli ricotta portioned from a round which is drier.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and rind in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in ricotta, juice, sifted flour and semolina. Spoon mixture into pan.
- 3Bake cake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, make cherry syrup. Blend cornflour and the water in a medium saucepan until smooth. Add sugar, brandy, rind and juice and stir over medium-low heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Add cherries and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until cherries are tender and syrup thickens. Cool. Reserve 2 tablespoons cooled syrup for cherry brandy cream.
- 5Then cherry brandy cream. To make cherry brandy cream: beat cream, reserved cooled syrup and brandy in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Serve warm cake drizzled with warm syrup and cream.
For a ricotta orange and semolina cake with sticky strawberries: substitute orange rind and juice for the lemon rind and juice in step 2. For a sticky strawberry syrup, use 500g strawberries instead of the cherries and reduce the simmering time to 5 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022
- Chinese honey chickenMay 16, 2022