- 30 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- icing sugar, to serve
- 500 gram fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Lemon ricotta cannoli
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and quickly stir in flour and almond essence. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3Drop well-spaced tablespoons of mixture onto trays. Bake for 7 minutes or until bubbling, and spread to 10cm in diameter. Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute.
- 4Working quickly, lift each one and wrap loosely around the handle of a large rolling pin. Leave to set for 1 minute. gently slip off and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 5To make filling, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta, icing sugar. lemon juice and zest. Mix well and keep chilled. Spoon into cooled shells. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021