- 30 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- icing sugar, to serve
- 500 gram fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Lemon ricotta cannoli
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and quickly stir in flour and almond essence. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3Drop well-spaced tablespoons of mixture onto trays. Bake for 7 minutes or until bubbling, and spread to 10cm in diameter. Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute.
- 4Working quickly, lift each one and wrap loosely around the handle of a large rolling pin. Leave to set for 1 minute. gently slip off and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 5To make filling, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta, icing sugar. lemon juice and zest. Mix well and keep chilled. Spoon into cooled shells. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021