- 300 grams packet Anzac biscuits, crushed
- 1/2 cup (75g) coarsely chopped macadamias, lightly toasted
- 125 grams butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 500 grams cream cheese, softened
- 395 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice, strained
- 2 passionfruit, extra for serving
- 1 1/3 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 cup (250,l) water
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 1 tablespoon water, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180 C (160 C fan-forced). grease a 20xm x 30cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with 2 layers of baking paper extending paper 5cm over long sides.
- 2Combine biscuit crumbs, macadamias and butter in a bowl. Press evenly over base of prepared pan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden; cool.
- 3Sprinkle gelatine over the water in a small bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for about 15 seconds; stir to dissolve gelatine. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in condensed milk, sour cream, rind, juice and gelatine mixture. Pour over biscuit base; smooth top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 5Make passionfruit topping: Stir custard powder and 2 tablespoons of the water in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in remaining water and sugar. Stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in passionfruit pulp, then remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatine over extra water in a small bowl to soften; stir into hot passionfruit mixture; cool for 15 minutes. Pour passionfruit mixture over filling; refrigerate until firm.
- 6Lift slice from pan; cut into pieces and drizzle with extra fresh passionfruit pulp.
You will need about 5 large, fresh passionfruit for this recipe. Slice can be made up to 3 days ahead; keep refrigerated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019