- 2 tablespoon (28g) powdered gelatine
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) boiled water
- 2 cup (440g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) limoncello liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon essence
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- yellow food colouring
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) desiccated coconut
- 1Sprinkle gelatine over water; stir to combine.
- 2In a medium saucepan, stir boiled water and sugar over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; stir in gelatine mixture and liqueur. Boil, uncovered, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 3Pour mixture into the medium bowl of an electric mixer; add extract, essence and juice. Beat on high speed until very thick and white. Tint marshmallow mixture yellow with colouring.
- 4Rinse a deep 20cm square cake pan with cold water; do not wipe dry. Pour marshmallow mixture into pan and refrigerate about 3 hours or until set.
- 5Using a wet knife, and with the marshmallow still in the pan, cut into 24 squares. Carefully lift marshmallows from pan using a small spatula and toss in coconut.
Marshmallows are best eaten on the day they are made when they are at their softest.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fish skewers with labne & chilli tomato saladOct 30, 2020
- Vegan mayonnaiseOct 30, 2020
- Smoky tomato & bacon frittersOct 30, 2020
- Japanese cabbage pancakesOct 30, 2020
- Vegetable & lentil pot piesOct 30, 2020
- Lemon drizzle cakeOct 30, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeOct 30, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020