We've added honey and coocnut to the classic lemon delicious pudding to make it even more special.
- 125 grams butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup (75g) self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1¾ cups (430ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ cup (160ml) double cream
- 1½ tablespoons icing (confectioners') sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey, extra
- ¼ cup (35g) coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease six 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 2Place butter and honey in a large saucepan; stir over low heat until just melted and mixture is combined. Stir in rind, caster sugar and yolks, then sifted flour and juice. Gradually stir in milk, coconut and cardamom; the mixture should be smooth and runny.
- 3Whisk egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into lemon mixture, in two batches.
- 4Place ovenproof dishes in a large baking dish; divide lemon mixture into dishes. Add enough boiling water to baking dish to come halfway up sides of ovenproof dishes. Bake puddings for 25 minutes or until top is firm to touch.
- 5Meanwhile, whisk cream and extra honey in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
- 6Serve hot puddings immediately, dusted with sifted icing sugar, topped with spoonfuls of honey cream, and sprinkled with nuts.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021