Lemon curd souffles
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 2 teaspoon icing (confectioners') sugarlemon curd
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
Lemon curd souffles
- 1Make lemon curd.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease four 1¼-cup (310ml) soufflé dishes well with the melted butter; refrigerate 5 minutes. Sprinkle inside of dishes with caster sugar; shake out excess. Place dishes on oven tray.
- 3Beat egg whites and extra caster sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until sugar dissolves. Transfer to large bowl; lightly fold in lemon curd. Spoon mixture into dishes.
- 4Bake soufflés about 12 minutes or until puffed and top is browned lightly. Serve soufflés immediately dusted with sifted icing sugar.
- 5Beat eggs lightly with a fork in small jug; strain eggs into medium heatproof bowl. Add sugar and strained juice; place bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water.
- 6Stir about 10 minutes or until mixture thickly coats the back of a wooden spoon; stir in rind. Remove from heat.
- 7Stand bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until curd is cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 lovely lentil recipesToday 12:40am
- Grilled haloumi, white nectarine & kohlrabi saladYesterday 2:04am
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019