- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup (330ml) milk
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup (180ml) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten lightly, extra
- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoon gelatine
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1Line base and side of deep 20cm-round cake pan with plastic wrap.
- 2Place flour in medium bowl; make well in centre. Gradually whisk in combined eggs, oil and milk; strain batter into large jug. Cover; stand crepe batter 30 minutes.
- 3Heat greased crepe pan or small heavy-based non-stick frying pan over high heat; pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into pan, tilting pan so batter coats base evenly. Cook, over low heat, loosening edge with spatula until crepe is browned lightly. Turn crepe; brown other side. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining batter to make 12 crepes.
- 4Combine rind, juice, sugar, strained extra egg and butter in large heatproof bowl. Place bowl over large saucepan of simmering water; cook, stirring, about 15 minutes or until lemon curd coats the back of a spoon.
- 5Sprinkle gelatine over the water in small heatproof jug. Stand jug in small saucepan of simmering water; stir until gelatine dissolves. Stir gelatine mixture into warm lemon curd.
- 6Place one crepe in prepared pan; spread with 1/4 cup lemon curd. Continue layering with remaining crepes and curd, finishing with crepe layer. Cover; refrigerate overnight or until firm. Cut into wedges. Top with crystallised rind if desired.
This cake is best assembled a day before serving. You need approximately three large lemons for this recipe. Simmering water should not touch the base of the heatproof bowl while making the lemon curd. Stir, until curd coats the spoon. Tilt pan as soon as batter is added Spread crepes with curd using a metal spatula
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blueberry muffinsToday 1:00pm
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy vanilla cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Sensational spring dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- Chocolate slab cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Almond friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Gingerbread peopleYesterday 1:00pm
- Oven temperature conversionsYesterday 4:43am
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- Mango recipes for dessertOct 27, 2020
- Char kway teowOct 27, 2020
- Chicken schnitzelOct 27, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Fruit mince pies and treats for ChristmasOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020