- 100 gram butter, softened
- 1 lemon, zest and 2 tbsp juice
- 1 teaspoon red chilli, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh herbs, chopped – italian parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage etc
- 2 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 4 rashers bacon, cut into strips
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 field mushrooms
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup lemon, chilli and garlic butter
- 1Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well together.
- 2Preheat the oven to 175ºC. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Arrange bacon in strips, the tomatoes cut-side up, the mushrooms gill-side up and bread in a single layer.
- 3Spoon over or brush bread, mushrooms and tomatoes generously with the lemon, chilli and garlic butter.
- 4Bake for 10-15 minutes until all is cooked and bacon is crispy. Serve with rocket or baby spinach if desired.
This is a delicious combination – add as little or as much chilli as you like. When you have limes on hand, try the butter with lime, coriander and chilli, or if you have lemons, use rosemary and garlic. Flavoured butters are great spread on cheese scones. Lemon, chilli and garlic butter: • Wrap in cling film and shape into a log. Chill and slice for steak and barbecue meats. • Spread over fish fillets, then grill or bake. • Melt over fresh steamed corn or green vegetables. • Rub over a whole chicken and baste during cooking until golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021