- 1 lemon, sliced thickly
- 2 kilogram chicken, butterflied (see tip)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 gram butter
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed, chopped
- 1 bulb garlic, cloves peeled, bruised
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 kilogram brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 90 gram shaved pecorino cheese
- 200 gram red grapes, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Arrange lemon slices on tray. Top with chicken. Rub with half olive oil and season. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes until cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large heavy based saucepan, heat butter on medium. Saute cauliflower and garlic 6-8 minutes until golden. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes until tender.
- 4Cool slightly before transferring to a blender and pureeing with lemon juice. Season. Keep warm.
- 5In a bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with remaining olive oil. Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan on high. Grill sprouts 2-3 minutes each side until tender and grill marks appear. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly and allow to cool slightly. Season to taste and toss with cheese and grapes.
- 6Serve chicken portions with cauliflower puree and accompanied with , topped with warm brussels sprouts salad.
To butterfly chicken, turn breast-side down and using a sharp pair of kitchen scissors, cut along either side of the backbone, remove and discard. Turn chicken breast-side up, invert legs and press firmly on breast bone so chicken lays flat. Tuck wing tips under.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliOct 09, 2019
- Ravioli recipesOct 09, 2019