- 4 lemons, quartered, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 4 limes, quartered, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1Place fruit and water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Boil rapidly 25-30 minutes, until fruit is very tender.
- 2Reduce heat to low and add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- 3Increase heat and boil, without stirring, further 10-15 minutes, until set when tested. Pour into sterilised jars and seal while still hot.
If setting takes too long, it may be that the fruit is slightly overripe or underripe, which affects the amount of pectin in the fruit. In this case, add a jam-setting mixture, following packet instructions. Boil 5 minutes, until setting point is reached.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 30 brilliant barramundi dishes to make for dinnerYesterday 2:00pm
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022