- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 french-trimmed lamb shanks (1kg)
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced preserved lemon rind
- 5 centimetre (2-inch) piece fresh ginger (25g), grated
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 300 gram (9½ ounces) frozen broad beans (fava beans)
- 600 gram (1¼ pounds) kipfler (fingerling) potatoes, halved
- 20 gram (¾ ounce) butter
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Heat half the oil in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook lamb, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add preserved lemon, ginger and cinnamon; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return lamb to cooker with juice and the water; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 25 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, cook beans in large saucepan of boiling water about 2 minutes or until tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Peel away grey skins.
- 4Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Add potato; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, melt butter in medium frying pan; cook herbs, stirring, until bright green.
- 6Release cooker pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Stir in beans and herbs; simmer, uncovered until hot. Season to taste.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. To use preserved lemon, discard flesh, rinse well, using the rind only. This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021