- 45 gram butter
- 4 (sheets) fillo pastry
- 4 leeks
- 45 gram butter, extra
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125 gram feta cheese
- 2/3 cup (160ml) cream
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- 2Melt butter; brush each layer of pastry with melted butter, fold each layer over in half. Layer pastry, one folded piece on top of the other to give eight layers. Place pie plate (base measurement 18cm) upside down on layered pastry; using plate as a guide, cut around plate making circle 1cm larger than the plate. Carefully lift all layers of pastry into plate, leave pastry standing up around edge of plate.
- 3Trim ends of leeks, leave about 5cm of the green tops; slice leeks finely, wash well under cold running water, drain well.
- 4Melt extra butter in pan; cook leek and garlic, stirring, about 5 minutes over low heat until leeks are just tender. Stir in sieved cheese, cream and eggs; season with ground black pepper. Pour mixture into pastry case.
- 5Bake quiche about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019