- 45 gram butter
- 4 (sheets) fillo pastry
- 4 leeks
- 45 gram butter, extra
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125 gram feta cheese
- 2/3 cup (160ml) cream
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- 2Melt butter; brush each layer of pastry with melted butter, fold each layer over in half. Layer pastry, one folded piece on top of the other to give eight layers. Place pie plate (base measurement 18cm) upside down on layered pastry; using plate as a guide, cut around plate making circle 1cm larger than the plate. Carefully lift all layers of pastry into plate, leave pastry standing up around edge of plate.
- 3Trim ends of leeks, leave about 5cm of the green tops; slice leeks finely, wash well under cold running water, drain well.
- 4Melt extra butter in pan; cook leek and garlic, stirring, about 5 minutes over low heat until leeks are just tender. Stir in sieved cheese, cream and eggs; season with ground black pepper. Pour mixture into pastry case.
- 5Bake quiche about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegan roastYesterday 11:59pm
- 4 ways with roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingDec 13, 2019
- Rosé and raspberry trifleDec 13, 2019
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019