- 30 millilitre oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 500 gram beef mince
- 250 millilitre rich beef stock
- 1 tin diced whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 bag of baby spinach leaves
- 3 fresh lasagne sheets
- 125 gram sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- all-purpose seasoning or similar
- 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion, garlic and mixed herbs for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the beef and break up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- 2Add the stock and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the carrot and spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes until saucy.
- 3Add a third of the beef mixture to the bottom of a slow cooker and top with a layer of pasta sheets. Continue with another two layers, finishing with the pasta layer.
- 4Whisk the sour cream and egg together until smooth, then stir in grated cheese. Spoon the cheese sauce mixture over the top pasta sheet to cover it completely.
- 5Sprinkle with seasoning and cook for 4½ hours on medium until the pasta sheets are tender.
- 6Serve with salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021