- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 750 gram beef mince
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 250 gram packet instant lasagna sheets
- 2 quantities bechamel sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- green salad, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease a 2 1/2-litre casserole dish.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan on medium. Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Stir in tomato paste. Increase heat to high. Add mince and brown well for 4-5 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, wine and sugar. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, until thickened. Season to taste.
- 4Arrange a layer of lasagna over base of dish, breaking to fit. Cover with a 1/3 of meat sauce then 1/3 of bechamel sauce. Repeat. layers twice, finishing with bechamel. Top with tomato and cheese.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve hot with green salad leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021