- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 750 gram beef mince
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 250 gram packet instant lasagna sheets
- 2 quantities bechamel sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- green salad, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease a 2 1/2-litre casserole dish.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan on medium. Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Stir in tomato paste. Increase heat to high. Add mince and brown well for 4-5 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, wine and sugar. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, until thickened. Season to taste.
- 4Arrange a layer of lasagna over base of dish, breaking to fit. Cover with a 1/3 of meat sauce then 1/3 of bechamel sauce. Repeat. layers twice, finishing with bechamel. Top with tomato and cheese.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve hot with green salad leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021