- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cup (160g) desiccated coconut
- 3 cup (500g) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 15 gram butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease deep 23cm (9-inch) square cake pan.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat eggs in medium bowl about 10 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Gradually beat in sugar, beating until sugar dissolves after each addition. Fold in triple-sifted flours. Spread mixture into pan.
- 3Bake cake about 30 minutes. Turn cake, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4To make icing: sift icing sugar and cocoa into large heatproof bowl; stir in butter and milk. Stir icing over large saucepan of simmering water until of a coating consistency.
- 5Cut cake into 16 squares. Dip squares in icing, drain off excess; toss squares in coconut. Place lamingtons on wire rack to set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019