- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cup (160g) desiccated coconut
- 3 cup (500g) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 15 gram butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease deep 23cm (9-inch) square cake pan.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat eggs in medium bowl about 10 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Gradually beat in sugar, beating until sugar dissolves after each addition. Fold in triple-sifted flours. Spread mixture into pan.
- 3Bake cake about 30 minutes. Turn cake, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4To make icing: sift icing sugar and cocoa into large heatproof bowl; stir in butter and milk. Stir icing over large saucepan of simmering water until of a coating consistency.
- 5Cut cake into 16 squares. Dip squares in icing, drain off excess; toss squares in coconut. Place lamingtons on wire rack to set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020