- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cup (160g) desiccated coconut
- 3 cup (500g) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 15 gram butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease deep 23cm (9-inch) square cake pan.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat eggs in medium bowl about 10 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Gradually beat in sugar, beating until sugar dissolves after each addition. Fold in triple-sifted flours. Spread mixture into pan.
- 3Bake cake about 30 minutes. Turn cake, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4To make icing: sift icing sugar and cocoa into large heatproof bowl; stir in butter and milk. Stir icing over large saucepan of simmering water until of a coating consistency.
- 5Cut cake into 16 squares. Dip squares in icing, drain off excess; toss squares in coconut. Place lamingtons on wire rack to set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Verjuice chicken and leek stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Chunky minestrone with haloumiYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken paprikashYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 16 tasty ways with risoni pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut beef curryYesterday 2:00pm