- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cup (160g) desiccated coconut
- 3 cup (500g) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 15 gram butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease deep 23cm (9-inch) square cake pan.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat eggs in medium bowl about 10 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Gradually beat in sugar, beating until sugar dissolves after each addition. Fold in triple-sifted flours. Spread mixture into pan.
- 3Bake cake about 30 minutes. Turn cake, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4To make icing: sift icing sugar and cocoa into large heatproof bowl; stir in butter and milk. Stir icing over large saucepan of simmering water until of a coating consistency.
- 5Cut cake into 16 squares. Dip squares in icing, drain off excess; toss squares in coconut. Place lamingtons on wire rack to set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Broccoli riceJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Delicious chicken drumstick recipe ideasYesterday 1:00pm
- Boston baked beansYesterday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesYesterday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesYesterday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceYesterday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesJan 26, 2021
- Our best banana breadJan 26, 2021
- Lamb rack with sourdough, lemon and herb crustJan 26, 2021
- Lamb chops with slow-roast tomatoesJan 26, 2021
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeJan 26, 2021
- Roast stuffed mushroomsJan 26, 2021
- Potato samosasJan 26, 2021
- Breakfast and brunch recipesJan 26, 2021