- 1.8 kg lamb shoulder with bone
- ¼ cup (30g) za'atar
- 6 large pitta bread (570g)
- 60 grams rocket leaves
- ¾ cup (210g) tzatziki
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1Rub lamb all over with 2 tablespoons of the za'atar.
- 2Heat oil in a 5-litre (20-cup) slow cooker on 'sear' (HIGH) setting. Cook lamb, turning, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Add ⅓ cup (80ml) water. Adjust setting to LOW; cook, covered, for 9 hours 45 minutes.
- 3Carefully remove lamb from slow cooker. Shred meat coarsely using two forks; discard bones and cooking liquid.
- 4Warm bread following packet directions. Top pitta bread with lamb, rocket and tzatziki; sprinkle with remaining za'atar and season to taste. Roll wraps to enclose filling; serve.
- 5Add sliced tomato to the wraps in step 4, if you like.
Use boneless pork shoulder instead of lamb.Refrigerate lamb at the end of step 3 in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022