- 1 cup (280g) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Lamb with tomato salad
- 600 gram lamb backstraps, trimmed
- 1/2 medium (85g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 small (240g) egg tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh small mint leaves
- 2 teaspoon ground sumac
- 8 pitta bread
Lamb with tomato salad and mint yoghurt
- 1To make mint yoghurt: combine all ingredients in a bowl: cover; refrigerate until needed.
- 2Cook the lamb on a heated, oiled grill plate for about 10 minutes or until cooked as desired. Transfer to a warmed plate; cover to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile combine the onion, tomato, herbs, sumac and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl; toss gently.
- 4Serve sliced lamb with salad, pitta and mint yoghurt sprinkled with a little extra mint, if desired. Not suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apricot bliss ballsDec 07, 2021
- Cute canapes to start your dinner partyDec 07, 2021
- Perfect Christmas finger food recipesDec 07, 2021
- 31 tasty ways to use your leftover Christmas hamDec 07, 2021
- Chicken and lemon risottoDec 07, 2021
- Rice-cooker bibimbapDec 07, 2021
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeDec 06, 2021
- Our best shepherd's pieDec 06, 2021
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesDec 06, 2021
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesDec 06, 2021
- Stained glass biscottiDec 06, 2021
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsDec 06, 2021
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonDec 06, 2021