- 1 1/2 cup (420g) european-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 600 gram diced lamb
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber, seeded, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large pita bread
- 75 gram rocket leaves
- 2 medium (300g) tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium (170g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 1Combine yoghurt, juice, garlic, oregano and cumin in a large bowl, remove half and reserve. Add lamb to remaining yoghurt, toss to coat. Thread lamb onto four wooden skewers. Stir cucumber and mint into reserved yoghurt mixture.
- 2Drizzle lamb skewers with oil. Cook over high heat in an oiled grill pan (or on a grill or barbecue) until cooked as desired.
- 3Warm pita in microwave on HIGH (100%), 20 seconds. Divide rocket, tomato and onion among pita, top with lamb skewers and drizzle with reserved yoghurt mixture.
- 4Roll pita tightly to enclose filling. Holding pita tightly, pull skewer from meat and discard. Serve immediately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021