- 1 1/2 cup (420g) european-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 600 gram diced lamb
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber, seeded, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large pita bread
- 75 gram rocket leaves
- 2 medium (300g) tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium (170g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 1Combine yoghurt, juice, garlic, oregano and cumin in a large bowl, remove half and reserve. Add lamb to remaining yoghurt, toss to coat. Thread lamb onto four wooden skewers. Stir cucumber and mint into reserved yoghurt mixture.
- 2Drizzle lamb skewers with oil. Cook over high heat in an oiled grill pan (or on a grill or barbecue) until cooked as desired.
- 3Warm pita in microwave on HIGH (100%), 20 seconds. Divide rocket, tomato and onion among pita, top with lamb skewers and drizzle with reserved yoghurt mixture.
- 4Roll pita tightly to enclose filling. Holding pita tightly, pull skewer from meat and discard. Serve immediately.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022