- 200 gram greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 lamb backstraps, trimmed, cut lengthways into 6 slices
- 1 lemon, cut into 2cm wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice and finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 180 gram packets haloumi cheese, cut into slices
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, quartered, seeds removed, diced
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes, quartered
- lebanese bread, to serve
- 1Thread each lamb slice onto a metal skewer and finish with a lemon wedge. Arrange in a shallow dish.
- 2In a bowl, mix together half the oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic cloves and oregano. Pour over lamb, turning to coat. Chill, covered, 1 hour.
- 3To make yoghurt sauce: combine yoghurt, mint and garlic in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 4Preheat barbecue on high. Cook lamb skewers 2-3 minutes each side, brushing regularly with marinade, until golden brown. Meanwhile, cook haloumi slices on the plate 2 minutes each side until golden.
- 5Combine cucumber and tomato in a small bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil and season to taste.
You can prepare the lamb skewers to marinating stage the day before. Keep covered in the fridge until ready to use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastToday 1:00pm
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpToday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesToday 4:33am
- Butter chickenYesterday 4:00pm
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiYesterday 1:00pm
- Vanilla sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Pho boYesterday 1:00am
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019
- Lamb souvlakiOct 10, 2019
- Pumpkin pieOct 09, 2019
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliOct 09, 2019