- 1 kilogram lamb mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium (150g) onion, chopped finely
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon ras el hanout
- 1 curly endive lettuce, trimmed
- 4 wheat tortillas
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 1 cup (280g) greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped mint
Lamb kofta with cucumber yoghurt
- 1If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- 2Combine lamb, garlic, onion, chilli, coriander, mint, ras el hanout and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl; mix well. Cover, refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3Meanwhile, to make cucumber yoghurt, cut cucumbers in half and scrape out the seeds with a teaspoon and discard; grate coarsely. Squeeze out the excess liquid using your hands. Combine the grated cucumber with yoghurt, cumin, mint and salt to taste in a medium bowl; stir well to combine.
- 4Divide lamb mixture into 12 portions and shape around each skewer. Cook the skewers on a heated oiled flat plate or griddle pan over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning often, until browned and cooked through. Check that the barbecue is not too hot. as they may burn.
- 5Serve skewers with cucumber yoghurt and lettuce on grilled wheat tortillas.
Uncooked lamb mixture suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate slab cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy vanilla cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Almond friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sensational spring dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Gingerbread peopleYesterday 1:00pm
- Oven temperature conversionsYesterday 4:43am
- Char kway teowOct 27, 2020
- Mango recipes for dessertOct 27, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Chicken schnitzelOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- Fruit mince pies and treats for ChristmasOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020