- 60 gram minced (ground) lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 75 gram red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped roughly
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baba ghanoush dip
- 1 medium gherkin (30g), sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1Combine mince, spices and garlic in a small bowl; season.
- 2Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Shape mince mixture into two patties; cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine cabbage, parsley and juice in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 4Serve patties with cabbage salad, baba ghanoush, gherkin and lemon.
There is no need to make two different lunches when serving this delicious kofta plate – everyone will want a taste, not believing it’s a diet lunch. Just double or triple the recipe so everyone gets their own! Shape the patties ahead of time; cover and store in the fridge. Any spare lamb mince can be frozen. You could also use light hummus instead of baba ghanoush.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021