- 60 gram minced (ground) lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 75 gram red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped roughly
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baba ghanoush dip
- 1 medium gherkin (30g), sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1Combine mince, spices and garlic in a small bowl; season.
- 2Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Shape mince mixture into two patties; cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine cabbage, parsley and juice in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 4Serve patties with cabbage salad, baba ghanoush, gherkin and lemon.
There is no need to make two different lunches when serving this delicious kofta plate – everyone will want a taste, not believing it’s a diet lunch. Just double or triple the recipe so everyone gets their own! Shape the patties ahead of time; cover and store in the fridge. Any spare lamb mince can be frozen. You could also use light hummus instead of baba ghanoush.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020