- 60 gram minced (ground) lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 75 gram red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped roughly
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baba ghanoush dip
- 1 medium gherkin (30g), sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1Combine mince, spices and garlic in a small bowl; season.
- 2Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Shape mince mixture into two patties; cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine cabbage, parsley and juice in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 4Serve patties with cabbage salad, baba ghanoush, gherkin and lemon.
There is no need to make two different lunches when serving this delicious kofta plate – everyone will want a taste, not believing it’s a diet lunch. Just double or triple the recipe so everyone gets their own! Shape the patties ahead of time; cover and store in the fridge. Any spare lamb mince can be frozen. You could also use light hummus instead of baba ghanoush.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021