- 1 kilogram truss tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions (green shallots), cut into 10cm lengths
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 12 (1.2kg) lamb loin chops
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup loosely packed small fresh basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a roasting dish with baking paper.
- 2Place tomatoes, onions, rosemary and oil in the prepared dish; season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast tomatoes in the oven for 30 minutes or until they are just beginning to split. Remove from oven.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a barbecue or grill plate over a high heat. Cook the chops for 3 minutes each side or until done as desired. Transfer chops to a warm plate, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Drizzle the lamb chops with the pomegranate molasses; serve with roast tomato mixture and basil. Accompany with a green salad or steamed green beans, if you like.
Pomegranate molasses is available from some delis and Middle Eastern food stores. You can replace the pomegranate molasses with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. As the nights become cooler, you can also serve the chops and tomatoes with creamy mashed potato.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021