- 1/4 cup (60ml) worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup (100g) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon hot or mild mustard
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) water
- 12 (1.2kg) lamb chump chops, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 3 large (600g) brown onions, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 500 gram chat potatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 medium (240g) zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). In a medium bowl, combine worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, mustard, garlic, sugar and the water. Set aside.
- 2Toss lamb in seasoned flour to coat. Shake off excess. Place onion on base of a baking dish, large enough to hold lamb in a single layer. Place lamb on onion; top with potato.
- 3Spoon sauce mixture over potato in the dish. Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil from dish; baste potato and lamb with sauce mixture. Cover; bake for a further 20 minutes.
- 4Remove foil from dish. Add zucchini. Baste ingredients in dish with sauce mixture. Bake, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes or until potato is browned and cooked through and lamb is tender. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.