- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup golden sultanas
- 500 gram minced lamb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 large free-range egg (size 7)
- 100 gram soft white goat's cheese
- 375 gram packet filo pastry
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- plain unsweetened yoghurt, to serve
- pomegranate molasses, to serve
- 1Put onion, garlic and olive oil in a medium saucepan and set over a low heat. Cook for 5 minutes, until tender. Add pine nuts, allspice and sultanas and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add lamb and break apart with a large fork. Cook gently, turning lamb over, until it loses its raw look. Season with salt and cool. Add dill and egg to lamb. Add goat’s cheese and stir gently.
- 3Preheat oven to 190°C fan-forced. Lightly brush the top of a sheet of filo with olive oil. Fold in half widthways. Spread a trail of lamb along one long edge, using 2 level tablespoons of mixture, then, starting at that edge, roll filo into a slim sausage.
- 4Curl pastry into a spiral. Transfer to a shallow baking dish lined with baking paper (ends tucked in). Repeat with remaining ingredients, packing parcels in tightly to stop them unfurling.
- 5When all are done, brush with olive oil and dust with sesame seeds. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a rich golden-brown (pale filo will quickly turn soggy).
- 6Serve with a bowl of yoghurt with a good drizzle of pomegranate molasses swirled through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Healthy meal ideas when you don't know what to makeYesterday 5:27am
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019